The Basics of Medicaid
The Kaiser Commission co-sponsored a policy briefing on the basics of the Medicaid program, including eligiblity, financing, and benefits. Links to the presentation slides, fact sheets, and a select legislative history of this coverage program for low-income and disabled individuals are available below.
- Medicaid 101 Presentation Slides
- Medicaid Legislative History
- The Medicaid Program at a Glance
- Medicaid Enrollment and Spending Trends
- Medicaid and Managed Care
- Medicaid and Prescription Drugs
- Webcast of Policy Briefing
also of interest
- Medicaid and Family Planning: Background and Implications of the ACA
- Demonstrations to Improve the Coordination of Medicare and Medicaid for Dually Eligible Beneficiaries: What Prior Experience Did Health Plans and States Have with Capitated Arrangements?
- The Coverage Gap: Uninsured Poor Adults in States that Do Not Expand Medicaid – An Update
- Public vs. Private Health Insurance on Controlling Spending