No. of people in the coverage gap in the 19 states that have not expanded Medicaid
No. of nonelderly people in the U.S. without health insurance in 2014, down nearly 9M since 2013
aca coverage expansion
Colorado, Kentucky, Utah, Virginia, and Washington
- Women's Health Insurance Coverage
- Kaiser Health Tracking Poll: January 2016
- Data Note: Abbreviated January 2016 Health Tracking Poll Topline
issues for 2016
Even as the Affordable Care Act significantly reduces the number of uninsured, millions of Americans still lack coverage, including some low-income uninsured who are in the coverage gap as a result of some states' decisions not to expand Medicaid under the law.
- Estimates of Eligibility for ACA Coverage among the Uninsured
- The Coverage Gap: Uninsured Poor Adults in States that Do Not Expand Medicaid
- Covering the Remaining Uninsured: Not Just a Red State Issue
- How Does Gaining Coverage Affect People's Lives?
decline in uninsured
- What's the Political Power of Those Newly Insured Under Obamacare?
- Covering the Remaining Uninsured: Not Just a Red-State Issue
- L.A. Times Op-Ed: Would the GOP's healthcare ideas work? It depends on your definition of 'work.'