Compare Key Elements of:
- Rep. Tom Price’s Empowering Patients First Act, 2015
- House Speaker Paul Ryan’s A Better Way: Our Vision for a More Confident America, 2016
- Sen. Bill Cassidy’s Patient Freedom Act, 2017
- Sen. Rand Paul’s Obamacare Replacement Act, 2017
Web Briefing for the Media
On Thursday, February 23 from 12:30 p.m. ET to 1:30 p.m. ET, the Kaiser Family Foundation will host a web briefing for journalists to explain how block grant and per capita cap spending proposals for Medicaid would work and what the possible implications are.
Of 11.5 million ACA marketplace enrollees nationally as of March 2016, 6.3 million live in Republican congressional districts and 5.2 million live in districts with a Democratic representative.
adults under 65 have pre-existing conditions that would make them uninsurable before the Affordable Care Act
- How would ACA repeal affect Medicaid?
- What would changes in the financing structure mean for Medicaid?
- How could Medicaid be changed through administrative action?
From Drew Altman
- The Washington Post The Republican Health-care Plan the Country Isn’t Debating
- The Wall Street Journal High-Risk Pools as Fallback for High-Cost Patients Require New Rules
- The Wall Street Journal Obamacare Debate: Where GOP Governors Stand on Repeal and Replace