In a New York Times op-ed, Drew Altman draws on observations from focus groups in rust belt states of people in the ACA marketplaces who voted for President Trump and say they may not like their coverage under the ACA but could like Republican replacement plans even less.
adults under 65 have pre-existing conditions that would make them uninsurable before the Affordable Care Act
- How would ACA repeal affect Medicaid?
- What would changes in the financing structure mean for Medicaid?
- How could Medicaid be changed through administrative action?
From Drew Altman
- The Wall Street Journal Obamacare Debate: Where GOP Governors Stand on Repeal and Replace
- The New York Times The Health Care Plan Trump Voters Really Want
- The Wall Street Journal Understanding Who Opioid Users Are Underscores Challenges
- The Wall Street Journal Preexisting Conditions and Republican Plans to Replace Obamacare