Compare Key Elements of:
- Rep. Tom Price’s Empowering Patients First Act, 2015
- House Speaker Paul Ryan’s A Better Way: Our Vision for a More Confident America, 2016
- Sen. Bill Cassidy’s Patient Freedom Act, 2017
- Sen. Rand Paul’s Obamacare Replacement Act, 2017
There were many aspects of the pre-ACA non-group market that made it difficult for people with health problems to get and keep non-group coverage. Any proposal for replacing the ACA will have to determine which, if any, of these previous insurance practices will once again be permitted.
- What Medicaid financing changes are being considered?
- How would a block grant work?
- How would a per capita cap work?
- What details do you need to know?
- What are the implications of these changes?
In a Washington Post op-ed, Drew Altman discussed how Republicans’ ideas to change Medicaid and Medicare and repeal the ACA would fundamentally change the federal role in health.
A look at the current landscape of demonstration waivers and what to watch going forward.
Of 11.5 million ACA marketplace enrollees nationally as of March 2016, 6.3 million live in Republican congressional districts and 5.2 million live in districts with a Democratic representative.