Among those covered in January 2010, 48% were still in the individual insurance market after two years.
- 2013 Employer Health Benefits Survey
- Market Reforms: Pre-Existing Condition Exclusions
- Market Reforms: Guaranteed Issue
- Market Reforms: Rate Restrictions
Estimate impact based on location, income, family size, age, and tobacco usageNow available in Spanish
The cost of health care under the Affordable Care Act is a primary consideration for consumers as they prepare for January 1, when key elements of the law go into effect. The Foundation has produced an analysis of available premiums for the state health insurance marketplaces that were created under the law, as well as other materials explaining what premium numbers mean:
rss Kaiser Health News
- Studies Find Share Of Uninsured People Signing Up For Coverage Remains Low
- Political Cartoon: 'Care-Free?'
- Companies Test Private Exchanges, Other Ways To Cut Health Costs