rss Kaiser Health News
- Viewpoints: Bush’s Health Law Profits; Calif. Leads On Vaccination; Burgess’ Medicare Crusade
- State Highlights: Md. Hospitals’ Experiment Generates $100M In Medicare Savings; N.Y. To Invest $7.3B In Delivery System Overhaul
- Viewpoints: GOP Disarray; Don’t Kill IPAB; ‘Runaway Spending’ On Seniors
- Amid Merger Talk, a Look at Health Insurers’ Medicare Business
- Medicare Advantage 2015 Spotlight: Enrollment Market Update
- Medicare Advantage
Congress recently passed “doc fix” legislation that staves off cuts in Medicare payments to physicians by repealing the Sustainable Growth Rate (SGR) payment formula. The deal includes provisions that will raise premiums for Medicare beneficiaries with higher incomes and trigger new cost-sharing requirements for Medigap plans beginning in 2020.