- 11 million Medicare beneficiaries receive help from Medicaid.
Many beneficiaries live on fixed incomes supplemented by savings accumulated during their working years.
Health Affairs Blog: Medicare Premium Support Proposals Could Increase Costs for Today’s Seniors, Despite Assurances
A look at how proposals to convert Medicare to a premium support system could lead to higher Medicare premiums and cost-sharing for seniors currently enrolled in the program, even if today’s seniors are “grandfathered” and the new system is phased-in for people ages 55 and younger.
- What is private contracting in Medicare?
- How would recent proposals change Medicare laws on private contracting?
- What are the implications for beneficiaries and physicians?
- What are the potential effects on Medicare spending?
- 11 million Medicare beneficiaries receive help from Medicaid
Allowing Medicare to negotiate the price of prescription drugs is a popular idea — but would it save money?
- “American Health Care Reform Act of 2017,” H.R. 277, January 2017.
- “A Better Way,” June 2016.
- “World’s Greatest Healthcare Plan Act of 2016,” H.R. 5284 and S. 2985, May 2016.
- “A Balanced Budget for a Stronger America,” FY2017 Budget Resolution, March 2016.
- “Restoring Americans’ Healthcare Freedom Reconciliation Act of 2015,” H.R. 3762.
- “Empowering Patients First Act of 2015,” H.R. 2300, May 2015.
Take our new quiz and find out!