rss Kaiser Health News
- Viewpoints: GOP Needs Plans For Health Care; Kill IPAB; Selling Oil To Pay For Drug Cures
- Research Roundup: Medicare Part D’s Effect; Attitudes On Indoor Tanning; Premium Changes
- Medicare Proposes To Ease Coverage Rules On Short Hospital Stays
- Amid Merger Talk, a Look at Health Insurers’ Medicare Business
- Medicare Advantage 2015 Spotlight: Enrollment Market Update
- Medicare Advantage
Congress recently passed “doc fix” legislation that staves off cuts in Medicare payments to physicians by repealing the Sustainable Growth Rate (SGR) payment formula. The deal includes provisions that will raise premiums for Medicare beneficiaries with higher incomes and trigger new cost-sharing requirements for Medigap plans beginning in 2020.