- How would ACA repeal affect Medicaid?
- What would changes in the financing structure mean for Medicaid?
- How could Medicaid be changed through administrative action?
Medicaid is the nation’s public health insurance program for people with low income. It covers more than 70 million people and provides significant financing for hospitals, community health centers, physicians, and nursing homes, and jobs in the health care sector.
- How Medicaid financing works
- How much Medicaid costs
- Medicaid’s role in federal and state budgets
Special Topic Page
A handful of states have obtained or are seeking waivers to implement the Medicaid expansion in ways that extend beyond the flexibility provided by the ACA. Here are key resources that examine these waivers.