issues for 2016
The U.S. Supreme Court is preparing to hear a new round of legal challenges to the ACA’s contraceptive coverage requirement in the spring of 2016. The below resources outline the key issues at stake in the upcoming arguments. Additionally, there continues to be state-level debate about access to abortion services: See our state data on this issue.
- Round 2 on the Legal Challenges to Contraceptive Coverage: Are Nonprofits “Substantially Burdened” by the “Accommodation”?
- Data Note: Are Nonprofits Requesting an Accommodation for Contraceptive Coverage?
- How Does Where You Work Affect Your Contraceptive Coverage?
- State Abortion Statistics & Policies
breast & cervical cancer
- Percent of Women Who Report Having Had a Pap Smear Within the Past Three Years, By Race/Ethnicity
- Percent of Women 40 and Older Who Report Having Had a Mammogram Within the Past Two Years, By Race/Ethnicity
- Breast Cancer Incidence Rate per 100,000 Women by Race/Ethnicity
- Cervical Cancer Incidence Rate per 100,000 Women by Race/Ethnicity
- Medicaid and Family Planning: Background and Implications of the ACA
- Women's Health Insurance Coverage
- Washington Post/ Kaiser Family Foundation Feminism Survey