Medicaid Expansion, Health Coverage, and Spending: An Update for the 21 States That Have Not Expanded EligibilityRead Brief
- How Are Hospitals Faring Under the Affordable Care Act? Early Experiences from Ascension Health
- Evolving Picture of Nine Safety-Net Hospitals: Implications of the ACA and Other Strategies
- Medicaid Expansion, Health Coverage, and Spending: An Update for the 21 States That Have Not Expanded Eligibility
In a column for The Wall Street Journal's Think Tank, Foundation President and CEO Drew Altman explains that Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam's decision on Medicaid expansion via the Affordable Care Act is the latest sign of pragmatism slowly winning over ideology in red states.View all Perspectives
More than half of the states have expanded Medicaid under the ACA, while some others that initially decided against it consider whether to expand, in some cases by seeking waivers.
- The Effects of the Medicaid Expansion on State Budgets: An Early Look in Select States
- Current Status of States' Medicaid Expansion Decisions
- An Overview of Actions Taken by State Lawmakers Regarding the Medicaid Expansion
rss Kaiser Health News
- Viewpoints: Faster Drug Approvals; Medical Privacy; Fla. Official’s Opposition To Medicaid Expansion
- Research Roundup: Testing Before Eye Surgery; Health Law Coverage Gains; End-Of-Life Talks
- House Passes GOP Compromise Budget Blueprint; Takes Aim At Obamacare
faqs: aca and medicaid
- When can I enroll in Medicaid through the Marketplace?"
- My income is below the federal poverty level and my state has not elected to expand Medicaid eligibility. Can I qualify for premium tax credits?
- Can immigrants enroll in Medicaid or Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) coverage?