Medicaid Innovations: Can Managed Care Cut Costs and Improve Value?
A number of states have expressed interest in expanding managed care approaches within their Medicaid programs. While managed care may present an opportunity for better delivery of care, it presents challenges within certain populations and geographic areas. How many states are planning Medicaid managed care expansions? What impact would these changes have on beneficiaries, providers and health plans? What have we learned from past efforts to expand managed care? This briefing, cosponsored by the Alliance for Health Reform and the Centene Corporation, addressed these questions and more.
For more information and access to the presentation slides, please visit the Alliance’s event page.
The panel was moderated by Deanna Okrent of the Alliance for Health Reform.
- Vern Smith, Health Management Associates
- Judy Feder, Georgetown University
- Ian McCaslin, Missouri Department of Social Services
- Matt Salo, National Association of Medicaid Directors
- Dr. Mary Mason, Centene Corporation