Medicaid Expansion Briefing: What’s at Stake for States?
The Alliance for Health Reform and the Kaiser Family Foundation present a November 30 briefing to discuss the Medicaid expansion and what’s at stake for states. Speakers address questions around the potential financial impact of the expansion on states, the role of the federal government in financing the expansion, and what it might mean for providers on the ground level, as well as the effect on the safety net population should states choose to opt out.
* You must view the archived webcast with slide sync in Internet Explorer. Download it here (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/Internet-explorer/default.aspx)
* To see the presentation by individual speaker, click on “Slide Index” in the lower left and scroll to the title slide of that speaker.
Full Video - All other browsers
Speakers for this session:
The panel is co-moderated by Ed Howard of the Alliance for Health Reform and Diane Rowland of the Kaiser Family Foundation’s Kaiser Commission on Medicaid and the Uninsured (KCMU).
Diane Rowland - Welcome
- John Holahan, director of the Health Policy Center at the Urban Institute
- Krista Drobac, director of the health division at the National Governors Association
- James Keeton, vice chancellor for health affairs and dean of the School of Medicine at the University of Mississippi Medical Center
- Deborah Bachrach, special counsel at Manatt, Phelps & Phillips