H.R. 3293 – Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2010
The bill, as passed by the House, provides $323 million for global health activities at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), $300 million to the Global Fund through the National Institutes of Health (NIH), and $70 million to the John E. Fogarty International Center. The bill also authorizes a total of $545.5 million to address Pandemic Influenza.
Timeline of the bill:
- The bill was introduced and reported on by the House Committee on Appropriations on July 22, 2009.
- The bill was passed by the House (264-153) on July 24, 2009.
Learn more about the bill here. (Thomas)
Read a summary of the draft appropriations bill as submitted by Representative Obey after markup hearingsÂ inÂ the House Committee on Appropriations here. (July 17, 2009)
Read the House Report (111-220) on the proposed bill here. (July 22, 2009)
also of interest
- Senate Appropriations Committee approves FY14 Health & Human Services Appropriations Bill
- Administration statements and actions during the XIX International AIDS Conference
- House Appropriations Committee releases draft FY 2013 Labor-HHS Appropriations Bill
- House Appropriations Committee releases FY 2012 Labor, HHS, & Education Appropriations Bill