Administration actions and statements commemorating World Health Day
Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary Kathleen Sebelius and Assistant Secretary for Global Affairs Nils Daulaire released a statement commemorating World Health Day and highlighting U.S. efforts, both domestically and globally, to address high blood pressure, the theme of this year’s World Health Day.
- State Department DipNote Blog: “World Health Day: Meeting the Challenges That Affect Us All” (by Ambassador Eric Goosby)
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR): “World Health Day – April 7, 2013”
also of interest
- President Obama announces new Global Fund pledge and other Administration actions and statements commemorating World AIDS Day
- HHS Secretary Sebelius releases statement commemorating World Diabetes Day
- President Obama, Secretary Clinton, and Secretary Sebelius discuss global health issues during UNGA