SciDev.net Feature Addresses Nutrition, Food Security
SciDev.net includes a special feature on the challenges associated with meeting the nutritional and foodÂ needs of people around the world. Links to articles and commentary on the subject appear below:
- The challenge of improving nutrition: facts and figures (Shetty, 1/20).
- Can GM crops feed the hungry? (Campbell, 1/20).
- Nutritional security is in the balance (Babu, 1/20).
- Urgent action needed to tackle malnutrition (Lewis, 1/20).
- The ‘hidden hunger’ caused by climate change (Ziska, 1/20).
- Using genetics to tackle malnutrition (Kaput, 1/20).
- Food safety is critical to nutrition security (Schlundt, 1/20).
- Nutrition key to cutting infection rates (Thorne-Lynman/Fawzi, 1/20).