of people who die during the year are 65 or older, making Medicare the largest insurer of care during the last year of life.
Half of Medicare beneficiaries had per capita incomes below this level in 2014
- Searching for Savings in Medicare Drug Price Negotiations
- Data Note: Abbreviated January 2016 Health Tracking Poll Topline
- How High Drug Prices Weigh on the Sickest Americans
issues for 2016
In 2016, political candidates are likely to debate the future of Medicare and potential changes to sustain the program in the decades to come. Also on the agenda is what to do about the rising cost of drug prices, especially for specialty drugs, and the impact on Medicare and the people it serves.
- Raising the Age of Medicare Eligibility
- The Nuts and Bolts of Medicare Premium Support Proposals
- Policy Options to Sustain Medicare for the Future
- An Analysis of the Share of Medicare Beneficiaries Who Would Benefit from an Annual Out-of-Pocket Maximum under Traditional Medicare Over Multiple Years Go to Program on Medicare Policy