rss Kaiser Health News
- Viewpoints: Exchanges May Not Be Sustainable; Gamble On Hospitals; Regulate Toxic Chemicals
- State Highlights: Texas Senate Advances Abortion Bill; Synthetic Drug Raises Concerns In Fla.
- Viewpoints: Tread Carefully When Revamping FDA; GOP Still Missing Subsidy Strategy
- Early Insights From Ohio’s Demonstration to Integrate Care and Align Financing for Dual Eligible Beneficiaries
- Reading the Stars: Nursing Home Quality Star Ratings, Nationally and by State
- Early Insights from One Care: Massachusetts’ Demonstration to Integrate Care and Align Financing for Dual Eligible Beneficiaries
Congress recently passed “doc fix” legislation that staves off cuts in Medicare payments to physicians by repealing the Sustainable Growth Rate (SGR) payment formula. The deal includes provisions that will raise premiums for Medicare beneficiaries with higher incomes and trigger new cost-sharing requirements for Medigap plans beginning in 2020.