The bill would leave most ACA changes to Medicare intact, but repeal the Medicare payroll surtax on high-income earners.
- 11 million Medicare beneficiaries receive help from Medicaid.
Health Affairs Blog: Medicare Premium Support Proposals Could Increase Costs for Today’s Seniors, Despite Assurances
- What is private contracting in Medicare?
- How would recent proposals change Medicare laws on private contracting?
- What are the implications for beneficiaries and physicians?
- What are the potential effects on Medicare spending?
- “American Health Care Reform Act of 2017,” H.R. 277, January 2017.
- “A Better Way,” June 2016.
- “World’s Greatest Healthcare Plan Act of 2016,” H.R. 5284 and S. 2985, May 2016.
- “A Balanced Budget for a Stronger America,” FY2017 Budget Resolution, March 2016.
- “Restoring Americans’ Healthcare Freedom Reconciliation Act of 2015,” H.R. 3762.
- “Empowering Patients First Act of 2015,” H.R. 2300, May 2015.