Web & Social Media Content Editor
LOCATION: Menlo Park, CA (preferred) or Washington, DC
PROGRAM AREA: Communications
The Kaiser Family Foundation, a non-profit organization, is a leader in health policy analysis, health journalism and communication, dedicated to filling the need for trusted information on national health issues. The Foundation is seeking a qualified candidate for the Web and Social Media Content Editor position to write and curate Foundation content for its web site and social media channels. The position also requires the person to assist with media relations and other communications activities. The Web and Social Media Content Editor will report to the Foundation’s Vice President for Communications based in its Menlo Park, California headquarters in the Office of the President, and will work closely with other communications and policy staff in both Menlo Park, California and the Washington, DC office. The successful candidate will work in a team environment on all aspects of communications related to the Foundation’s work.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the day-to-day writer, curator and editor of the Foundation’s web site and social media channels.
- Assist in the identification, evaluation, and implementation of new technologies to further the Foundation’s communications activities.
- Interact daily with fellow communications colleagues and policy staff to plan for upcoming releases and other newsworthy activities; monitor external news and developments on issues of interest to the Foundation with an eye toward opportunities for promotion of Foundation’s work on web and social media.
- Monitor social mentions of our organization and relevant topics in health policy. Engage, when appropriate, to build relationships with the community and key influencers.
- Research, facilitate and develop creative presentations of Foundation content for the web and social media using third party products.
- Coordinate visual presentation of graphics across the Foundation’s web and social media outlets.
- Communicate with national/international, regional and specialty media, including broadcast media to promote the Foundation’s work.
- Assist communications officers by drafting and editing media releases.
Minimum Desired Experience and Skills:
- Strong organizational, writing and editing skills, with an emphasis on writing for the web and distilling and clearly communicating complex policy information.
- Knowledge of and passion for domestic U.S. health policy issues and the workings of Congress and the Executive Branch.
- Knowledge of web-based communications tools and content-management systems; Experience with WordPress, HubSpot, and HTML a plus.
- A deep familiarity with the social media landscape and the use of social media for marketing.
- Familiarity with research, data analysis and data visualization.
- Experience in media relations, including working with print and broadcast reporters.
- Ability to handle a high volume of work and function in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal communication and time-management skills.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or other relevant field.
- 2-5 years’ experience in online communications/social media or media relations.
To apply for this position please submit a cover letter, resume, and references as separate attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please label your documents “Last Name_First Name Document Title”. Please write “Web & Social Media Content Editor” in the email heading. No phone inquiries please.
HR- Web & Social Media Content Editor
The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation
2400 Sand Hill Road
Menlo Park, CA 94025
Fax: (650) 854-8037
Equal Opportunity Employer