Program Associate, Women’s Health Policy
LOCATION: Menlo Park, CA
STATUS: Full-Time; Term Position; Grant-Funded through June 2017
PROGRAM AREA: Women’s Health Policy
The Kaiser Family Foundation, a non-profit, private operating foundation, is a leader in health policy analysis, health journalism and communication, focusing on the major health care issues facing the U.S., as well as the U.S. role in global health policy. Kaiser serves as a non-partisan source of facts, information, and analysis for policymakers, the media, the health care community, and the public.
The Women’s Health Policy Program at the Foundation provides current analysis on the health policies that shape women’s access to care and coverage throughout their lifespan, with a focus on underserved women. In this area, the Foundation conducts research and analysis on current women’s health issues, monitors key trends, and produces reports, fact sheets and other resources to inform policy discussions. Primary activities include conducting periodic surveys, monitoring and explaining the impact of health reform on women at the state and national level, conducting research to document the impact of policies, and identifying emerging priority areas for women.
The Kaiser Family Foundation is seeking a program associate who will be responsible for providing programmatic and research support to the Kaiser Foundation’s work on the intersection of the Affordable Care Act, reproductive health care, and access to health coverage and care for women. The program associate’s responsibilities include project management functions, such as preparing contracts and tracking budgets, website content management; scheduling and coordinating meetings, and other administrative tasks as needed. Program associate will also provide research support to senior Women’s Health Policy staff; including conduct background research and assist in the preparation of PowerPoint presentations, research and policy reports and publications, and interactive web-based materials.
Specific Types of Knowledge, Skill, and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, with a preference for a degree in public health, public policy, health policy, health economics, or a related field, plus a minimum of two years of experience preferred working in health care policy, planning, or research.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Project management experience, strong organizational skills, and meticulous attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently on concurrent projects and balance multiple priorities.
- Knowledge of web-based design, WordPress and MS Office applications.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work in a highly collaborative environment.
- Creativity, enthusiasm, curiosity and a sense of humor; productive and results-oriented.
This full-time position will be based in the Foundation’s Menlo Park, CA office. This position is grant-funded through June 30, 2017. Salary will be commensurate with experience. The Kaiser Family Foundation offers an excellent benefits package. Interested candidates should send resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references to:
HR – Program Associate, WHP
The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation
2400 Sand Hill Road
Menlo Park, CA 94025
Fax: (650) 854-8037
Equal Opportunity Employer