Information Technology Internship
Location: Washington, DC
Hours: Full time or Part time
Term: One year
Reports to: Technology Officer
The Kaiser Family Foundation, a private operating foundation devoted to providing research and information to policy makers, the media, and the public on health issues, is seeking an intern for its Technology Working Group (TWG).
TWG provides Help Desk and technical support to the Foundation’s various departments. The TWG Intern will be involved in troubleshooting computer issues, installing and uninstalling hardware and software, and updating all documentation.
This internship provides an opportunity to work on a wide variety of technologies including laptops, desktops, printers, mobile devices, and audio/video equipment. The TWG intern will gain practical work experience troubleshooting and resolving computer issues, expand their knowledge of a range of software programs, and deepen their understand of how a network environment works.
The Foundation’s Washington, DC office is located on 1330 G Street, NW, Washington, DC 20005, two blocks from Metro Center.
Specific Types of Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
- High interest and familiarity with computers and technology;
- Setup, diagnose, and repair computer and related issues;
- Proficient with Microsoft and Adobe products (e.g., Outlook, Word, Acrobat Pro);
- Troubleshoot basic networking issues (e.g., TCP/IP, DNS);
- Ability to lift 30 lbs; and
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
Additional Experiences & Skills Preferred But Not Required:
- Experience with mobile devices (e.g., Apple, Android, Blackberry and Windows Phones);
- Experience with Cisco Networking and Cisco Unity telephony; and
- Experience with Windows Server 2008R2-2012 Hyper-V, Exchange 2010, and Active Directory.
To apply please send resume and cover letter. No phone inquiries please.
HR-TWG Internship, DC
Kaiser Family Foundation
2400 Sand Hill Road
Menlo Park, CA 94025
Fax: (650) 854-8037
Equal Opportunity Employer