Information Technology Internship
Location: Menlo Park, CA
Hours: Full time or Part time
Term: One year
Reports to: Senior Technology Officer
The Kaiser Family Foundation, a non-profit organization, is a leader in health policy analysis, polling and survey research, health journalism, and communication, dedicated to filling the need for trusted information on national health issues. The Foundation serves as a non-partisan source of facts, information, and analysis for policymakers, the media, the health care community, and the public.
Based in Menlo Park, CA, the Foundation’s Technology Working Group (TWG) is seeking an intern to provide general support of all technology issues, including the deployment of hardware and software resources, assisting staff with various IT needs and possible system and network administration project work. TWG provides Help Desk and technical support to the Foundation’s various departments.
This internship provides an opportunity to work on a wide variety of technologies including laptops, desktops, printers, mobile devices, A/V and network/server equipment. The TWG intern will gain practical work experience troubleshooting and resolving computer issues, expand their knowledge of a range of software programs, and deepen their understanding of how network environments work.
Minimum Desired Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- High interest and familiarity with computers and technology;
- Setup, diagnose, and repair computer and related issues;
- Proficiency with Microsoft, Apple and Adobe products as well as current modern web browsers;
- Some familiarity with basic networking (e.g., TCP/IP, DNS);
- Ability to lift 50 lbs;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Personable and customer service oriented; and
- Excellent team player and contributor.
Preferred Additional Experience and Skills, But Not Required:
- Experience with mobile devices (e.g., Apple, Android and Windows Phones);
- Experience with Cisco Networking and Cisco Unity telephony; and
- Experience with Windows Server 2008R2-2012 Hyper-V, Exchange 2010, and Active Directory.
How to Apply:
To apply please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org labeling your documents “Last Name_First Name Document Title”. Please write “TWG Internship, MP” in the email heading. No phone inquiries please. Equal Opportunity Employer.