Compare How the Plans Approach
- Pre-Existing Conditions
- Subsidies for People with Individual Market Plans
- Employer Requirements and Provisions
The uninsured rate stands at a record low, but
6 in 10 Americans
don’t realize it.
There were many aspects of the pre-ACA non-group market that made it difficult for people with health problems to get and keep non-group coverage. Any proposal for replacing the ACA will have to determine which, if any, of these previous insurance practices will once again be permitted.
Of 11.5 million ACA marketplace enrollees nationally as of March 2016, 6.3 million live in Republican congressional districts and 5.2 million live in districts with a Democratic representative.
From Drew Altman
- Axios Why Deductibles Would Rise Under the GOP Health Care Plan
- The Washington Post The Republican Health-care Plan the Country Isn’t Debating
- The Wall Street Journal High-Risk Pools as Fallback for High-Cost Patients Require New Rules