- Rep. Tom Price’s Empowering Patients First Act, 2015
- House Speaker Paul Ryan’s A Better Way: Our Vision for a More Confident America, 2016
- Sen. Bill Cassidy’s Patient Freedom Act, 2017
- Sen. Rand Paul’s Obamacare Replacement Act, 2017
There were many aspects of the pre-ACA non-group market that made it difficult for people with health problems to get and keep non-group coverage. Any proposal for replacing the ACA will have to determine which, if any, of these previous insurance practices will once again be permitted.
adults under 65 have pre-existing conditions that would make them uninsurable before the Affordable Care Act
Of 11.5 million ACA marketplace enrollees nationally as of March 2016, 6.3 million live in Republican congressional districts and 5.2 million live in districts with a Democratic representative.
From Drew Altman
- The Washington Post The Republican Health-care Plan the Country Isn’t Debating
- The Wall Street Journal High-Risk Pools as Fallback for High-Cost Patients Require New Rules
- The Wall Street Journal Obamacare Debate: Where GOP Governors Stand on Repeal and Replace