The Story of Medicare: A Timeline
Written and produced by Foundation staff, The Story of Medicare: A Timeline serves as a visual timeline of Medicare’s history, including the debate that led to its creation in 1965 and subsequent changes, such as the passage and repeal of the Medicare Catastrophic Coverage Act in the 1980s, the Medicare Modernization Act in 2003, and the Affordable Care Act in 2012. The seven-minute video also highlights the program’s impact on the 50 million elderly and disabled Americans it serves today, as well as the fiscal challenges it faces to ensure its long-term sustainability.
Watch the video, and share the story of Medicare with your colleagues, friends and family. Organizations are welcome to show the video at events and meetings.
To download the video, right-click here and select “Save as…”
also of interest
- Visualizing Income and Assets Among Medicare Beneficiaries: Now and in the Future
- The Facts on Medicare Spending and Financing
- How Much Is Enough? Out-of-Pocket Spending Among Medicare Beneficiaries: A Chartbook
- What’s Trending in Health Care? Conservative Ideas
- The Mystery of the Missing $1,000 Per Person: Can Medicare’s Spending Slowdown Continue?
- How are Seniors Choosing and Changing Health Insurance Plans?
- Retiree Health Benefits At the Crossroads
- Paying a Visit to the Doctor: Current Financial Protections for Medicare Patients When Receiving Physician Services