Representative Harold Rogers (R-KY, 5th) introduced the “Department of Defense and Full-Year Continuing Appropriations Act, 2011” (H.R. 1473) authorizing appropriations for the remaining six months of FY 2011 (the first 6 months of FY 2011 were funded under FY 2010 levels). The proposed funding totals for global health (as compared to FY 2010 totals) included in this appropriations bill are provided in the table below.
Note: The appropriations bill (H.R. 1473) includes an across-the-board rescission of 0.2 percent to all discretionary spending; the global health funding totals for FY 11 (H.R. 1473) listed below include this rescission.
Timeline of the bill:
- Introduced and referred to the House Committee on the Budget and the House Committee on Ways and Means on April 11, 2011.
- Passed by the House (260-167) and the Senate (81-19) on April 14, 2011.
- Signed by the President (Public Law No: 112-10) on April 15, 2011.
- Area: Congress, Budget
- Information Type: House Bills
- Organization/Initiative: GHI, PEPFAR, USAID, MCC, FtF, State Dept., USUN, HHS, NIH, DoD, PMI, CDC, USDA, DoL
- Issue/Condition: Tuberculosis, HIV/AIDS, Nutrition/Food Security, Water, Family Planning/Reproductive Health, Maternal & Child Health, Malaria, Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs), Pandemic Influenza