The report provides an overview of ongoing efforts in both Congress and the Administration to reform U.S. foreign assistance programs. Items reviewed in the report include:
- S. 1524, the Foreign Assistance Revitalization and Accountability Act of 2009;
- H.R. 2139, Initiating Foreign Assistance Reform Act of 2009;
- H.R. 2387, Strategy and Effectiveness of Foreign Policy and Assistance Act of 2009;
- The Quadrennial Diplomacy and Development Review (QDDR); and
- The Presidential Study Directive on U.S. Global Development Policy (PSD).