Ohio: Health Insurance & Managed Care
This category includes data on managed care enrollment, state consumer protection laws, and high risk pools.
Select a subcategory on the left to see how the indicators compare across the states. Results will be shown as a table, map, or trend graph as available.
categories & subcategories
Ohio: Health Insurance & Managed Care Indicators
Insurance Market Competitiveness
- Individual Insurance Market Competition
- Small Group Insurance Market Competition
- Large Group Insurance Market Competition
- Market Share and Enrollment of Largest Three Insurers- Individual Market
- Market Share and Enrollment of Largest Three Insurers- Small Group Market
- Market Share and Enrollment of Largest Three Insurers- Large Group Market
Individual and Small Group Market Rating Reforms
Protections in Small Group Markets pre ACA
Protections in Individual Insurance Markets pre ACA
- Individual Market Guaranteed Issue (Not Applicable to HIPAA Eligible Individuals)
- Individual Market Rate Restrictions (Not Applicable to HIPAA Eligible Individuals)
- Individual Market Portability Rules (Not Applicable to HIPAA Eligible Individuals)
- Non-Group Coverage Rules for HIPAA Eligible Individuals
Balance Billing Protections
Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plans
This data collection reflects Medicaid benefits covered in each state, limitations applied to those benefits, cost-sharing charges, and the reimbursement methodologies used for those benefits in effect at six specific points in time, the most recent being October 1, 2012. In general, the data presented here represents a state’s policies applicable to adult Medicaid beneficiaries receiving care on a “fee for service” basis.
More information about the methods and who to contact information is included at the bottom of this page in the About the Data Collection section.View Data