Secretary Clinton discusses the Administration’s global food security initiative at Clinton Global Initiative
During a speech at the Clinton Global Initiative, Secretary of State Clinton summarized the Obama Administration’s food security initiative stating it would be guided by five principles:
- “First, we will work with partner countries to create and implement their plans.”
- “Second, we are addressing the underlying causes of hunger.”
- “Thirdly, we will improve coordination at the country, regional, and global level.”
- “Our fourth principle is leveraging the benefits of multilateral institutions.”
- “Fifth, we pledge a long-term commitment and accountability to our efforts.”
Read Secretary Clinton’s entire comments on the Obama Administration food security initiative here.
Learn more about the State Department’s recently released fact sheet on the U.S. commitment to global food security here.