House Committee on Foreign Affairs approves Electrify Africa Act of 2014
The House Committee on Foreign Affairs passed by voice vote the “Electrify Africa Act of 2014” (H.R. 2548). The bill, which was originally introduced by Representatives Ed Royce (R-CA, 39th) and Eliot Engel (D-NY, 16th), aims to improve access to electricity in sub-Saharan Africa in order to support, among other things, improved food security and health delivery and outcomes.
- House Committee on Foreign Affairs press release
- House Committee on Foreign Affairs: “H.R. 2548 (Electrify Africa) Section-by-Section Summary”
also of interest
- Foreign Aid Transparency and Accountability Act passed in the House
- Foreign assistance reform bill introduced in House
- CBO releases cost estimate of "Quadrennial Diplomacy and Development Review Act of 2012"
- USAID Administrator Shah testifies before House Committee on Foreign Affairs on FY13 budget request