House Committee on Foreign Affairs approves bill prohibiting U.S. Government funding for UNFPA
The House Committee on Foreign Affairs approved, by a vote of 23-17, H.R. 2059 – To prohibit funding to the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA).
- Representative Ileana Ros-Lehtinen’s (R-FL, 18th; Chair) opening remarks during the Committee Markup Hearing of H.R. 2059.
- Representative Howard Berman’s (D-CA, 28th; Ranking Member) statement at the Committee Markup Hearing of H.R. 2059.
- Representative Ileana Ros-Lehtinen’s (R-FL, 18th; Chair) statement following Committee passage of H.R. 2059.
also of interest
- UPDATED - House Appropriations Committee approves FY2015 State and Foreign Operations Appropriations Bill
- FY14 Omnibus Appropriations Act Released
- "Global Sexual and Reproductive Health Act of 2013" introduced in House
- USAID Administrator Shah testifies before House Committee on Foreign Affairs on FY13 budget request