Administration statements and actions commemorating International Women’s Day
President Barack Obama, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, Ambassador-at-Large for Global Women’s Issues Melanne Verveer, and Under Secretary for Civilian Security, Democracy and Human Rights Maria Otero released statements commemorating International Women’s Day. The White House, State Department, U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), and the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) highlighted the day with multiple blog postings and other resources.
- President Obama’s statement.
- Secretary Clinton’s statement.
- Ambassador-at-Large Verveer’s statement.
- Remarks by Under Secretary Otero’s given at the Global Health and Diplomacy International Women’s Day Luncheon.
- White House blog post titled “Happy International Women’s Day”
- White House blog post by Senior Advisor Valerie Jarrett titled “Working with Oxfam to Fight Hunger Around the World”
- State Department Fact Sheet titled “Advancing the Rights of Women and Girls: A Cornerstone of U.S. Foreign Policy”
- USAID Impact blog post titled “Protecting & Promoting Women’s Rights Around the World”
- USAID Impact blog post titled “Nothing about us without us”
- Additional USAID resources on International Women’s Day
- MCC fact sheet titled “MCC’s Commitment to Gender Equality”
- Additional MCC resources on International Women’s Day
- Peace Corps news release titled “Peace Corps Volunteers Celebrate International Women’s Day”