Media Outlets Publish Stories On Regional, National HIV/AIDS Epidemics In Recognition Of World AIDS Day
Media outlets around the world published stories related to World AIDS Day, observed annually on December 1. The following stories look at the HIV/AIDS epidemic on the regional or national levels.
- Al Jazeera America, “World AIDS Day: Has China’s PM Made Strides In HIV Prevention?” (Hayoun, 12/1);
- Associated Press/Seattle Post-Intelligencer, “Report: Iran HIV Cases Increase Dramatically” (12/1);
- Associated Press/Washington Post, “HIV Rates In Haiti Drop Over Decade” (12/1);
- Bangkok Post, “HIV Sufferers Bear A Terrible Stigma” (11/30);
- Deutsche Welle, “‘We Can’t Get There On Science Alone‘” (Abbany, 12/1);
- EFE/FOX News, “Cuba Expects Slight Rise In HIV Cases By The End Of The Year” (12/1);
- The Guardian, “Malawi’s Success Story In Reducing HIV Infections” (Ford, 11/29);
- Xinhua/GlobalPost, “Nepal Shows Remarkable Improvement In Fighting HIV/AIDS” (12/1).