Briefing – Medicare: A Primer
This briefing provided an overview of the Medicare program and its role in the health care system. Panelists discussed who is eligible for Medicare, what benefits are covered and how the program is administered. Medicare financing and the program’s role in health reform was also explained.
More information on Medicare from the Kaiser Family Foundation can be found in the related documents below.
This March 11 briefing was cosponsored by the Kaiser Family Foundation and the Alliance for Health Reform.
Full Video — Speakers’ Slides Synced to the Video of the Briefing
- You must view the archived webcast with slide sync in Internet Explorer. Download it here (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/Internet-explorer/default.aspx)
- To see the presentation by individual speaker, click on “Slide Index” in the lower left and scroll to the title slide of that speaker.
Full Video — All Other Browsers
Speakers for this session:
The panel is co-moderated by Ed Howard of the Alliance for Health Reform and Tricia Neuman of the Kaiser Family Foundation.
Ed Howard – Welcome
Tricia Neuman – Kaiser Family Foundation
- Jonathan Blum, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Juliette Cubanski, Kaiser Family Foundation
- Mark Hayes, Greenberg Traurig
- William Scanlon, National Health Policy Forum