Medicaid: A Primer on the Federal-State Partnership
This briefing provided an overview of the Medicaid program and its role in the health care system. Panelists discussed who is eligible for Medicaid, what benefits are covered, how the program is administered. Medicaid financing and the program’s role in health reform was also explained.
More information on Medicaid from the Kaiser Family Foundation can be found in the related documents below.
This March 4 briefing was cosponsored by the Kaiser Family Foundation and the Alliance for Health Reform.
Full Video — Speakers’ Slides Synced to the Video of the Briefing
- You must view the archived webcast with slide sync in Internet Explorer. Download it here (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/Internet-explorer/default.aspx)
- To see the presentation by individual speaker, click on “Slide Index” in the lower left and scroll to the title slide of that speaker.
Full Video — All Other Browsers
Speakers for this session:
The panel is co-moderated by Ed Howard of the Alliance for Health Reform and Barbara Lyons of the Kaiser Family Foundation’s Commission on Medicaid and the Uninsured.
Ed Howard – Welcome
Barbara Lyons – Kaiser Family Foundation
- Cindy Mann, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Robin Rudowitz, Kaiser Family Foundation’s Commission on Medicaid and the Uninsured
- Andrew Allison, Kansas Health Policy Authority
- Ron Haskins, Brookings Center on Children and Families