From Crunch to Crisis: State Budgets, Medicaid and the Economy
Medicaid programs are feeling the strain as enrollment grows while state revenues come in lower than projected. How are Medicaid directors coping? How is the recession affecting low-income individuals and families? This briefing, cosponsored by the Alliance for Health Reform and the Kaiser Commission on Medicaid and the Uninsured, addressed these and related questions.
For more information, please visit the Alliance’s event page.
- You must view the archived webcast with slide syncin Internet Explorer. Download it here(http://www.microsoft.com/windows/Internet-explorer/default.aspx)
- To see the presentation by individual speaker, click on “Slide Index”in the lower left and scroll to the title slide of that speaker.
Speakers for this session:
The panel is co-moderated by Ed Howard of the Alliance for Health Reform and Diane Rowland of the Kaiser Commission on Medicaid and the Uninsured.
- Robin Rudowitz, Kaiser Commission on Medicaid and the Uninsured
- Tom Betlach, Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
- Jason Helgerson, Wisconsin’s Division of Health Care Financing
- Gwen O’Shea, Health and Welfare Council of Long Island