- A Closer Look at the Impact of State Decisions Not to Expand Medicaid on Coverage for Uninsured Adults
- Health Coverage and Care in the South: A Chartbook
- Health Coverage and Care in the South in 2014 and Beyond
"A nursing facility would be a terrible alternative for my quality of life and would cost more than providing care at home."
-Margot, Age 38, from Medicaid Beneficiaries Who Need Home and Community-Based ServicesRead Profiles
CMS has approved financial or administrative alignment demonstrations that will affect over 1.1 million dual eligible beneficiaries in nine states.See the issue brief
Twenty-six states and the District of Columbia are expanding Medicaid under the ACA, and a handful of others are weighing whether to do so.
- How Is the ACA Impacting Medicaid Enrollment?
- Fact Sheet: How Will the Uninsured Fare Under the Affordable Care Act?
- The Affordable Care Act's Impact on Medicaid Eligibility, Enrollment, and Benefits for People with Disabilities
In a column published on The Huffington Post, Kaiser Family Foundation President and CEO Drew Altman shows how the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision to make the ACA Medicaid expansion a state option has upended the health insurance system for low and moderate income people in many states and discusses how the states and federal government can address the problem.View all Perspectives
- MAP: State Demonstration Proposals to Integrate Care and Align Financing
- Financial Alignment Demonstrations for Dual Eligible Beneficiaries Compared
- Medicaid's Role for Dual-Eligible Beneficiaries
- Testimony: What would strengthen Medicaid Long-Term Services and Supports?
- Five Key Facts About the Delivery and Financing of Long-Term Services and Supports
- How is the Affordable Care Act Leading to Changes in Medicaid Long-Term Services and Supports (LTSS) Today? State Adoption of Six LTSS Options
rss Kaiser Health News
- Viewpoints: Blum's Departure Is A Serious Loss; GOP Fighting Medicaid Expansion With New Tactic
- CBO Lowers Spending Forecast For States That Expand Medicaid Coverage
- Highlights: New Abortion Restrictions In Mississippi; Political Ad Calls Maryland Exchange A 'Failure'
faqs: aca and medicaid
- When can I enroll in Medicaid through the Marketplace?"
- My income is below the federal poverty level and my state has not elected to expand Medicaid eligibility. Can I qualify for premium tax credits?
- Can immigrants enroll in Medicaid or Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) coverage?