- Access, Utilization and Health Outcomes
- Economic Outcomes
- What Medicaid financing changes are being considered?
- How would a block grant work?
- How would a per capita cap work?
- What details do you need to know?
- What are the implications of these changes?
Medicaid is the nation’s public health insurance program for people with low income. It covers more than 70 million people and provides significant financing for hospitals, community health centers, physicians, and nursing homes, and jobs in the health care sector.
Special Topic Page
A handful of states have obtained or are seeking waivers to implement the Medicaid expansion in ways that extend beyond the flexibility provided by the ACA. Here are key resources that examine these waivers.