More states are discussing alternative models through waivers as a politically viable way to implement the expansion.Read Brief
- Medicaid Expansion in New Hampshire
- Awaiting New Medicaid Managed Care Rules: Key Issues to Watch
- Medicaid Timeline
In a column for The Wall Street Journal's Think Tank, Foundation President and CEO Drew Altman explains that Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam's decision on Medicaid expansion via the Affordable Care Act is the latest sign of pragmatism slowly winning over ideology in red states.View all Perspectives
More than half of the states have expanded Medicaid under the ACA, while some others that initially decided against it consider whether to expand, in some cases by seeking waivers.
- The Effects of the Medicaid Expansion on State Budgets: An Early Look in Select States
- Current Status of States' Medicaid Expansion Decisions
- An Overview of Actions Taken by State Lawmakers Regarding the Medicaid Expansion
rss Kaiser Health News
- Viewpoints: Why ‘Doc Fix’ Deal Was Done; Health Care Leaders Must Lead Change
- Research Roundup: Effects Of Ending CHIP; Measuring Churn; Kids And Antipsychotic Drugs
- State Highlights: Md., Va. State Budgets Advance; Wis. SeniorCare Proposal Stalls
faqs: aca and medicaid
- When can I enroll in Medicaid through the Marketplace?"
- My income is below the federal poverty level and my state has not elected to expand Medicaid eligibility. Can I qualify for premium tax credits?
- Can immigrants enroll in Medicaid or Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) coverage?