Web Producer, Kaiser Health News
LOCATION: Washington, DC
STATUS: Part-Time, Five-Month Term Position (Approximately 25 hours/week)
PROGRAM AREA: Kaiser Health News
The Kaiser Family Foundation, a leader in health policy analysis, health journalism and communication, is dedicated to filling the need for trusted, independent information on the major health issues facing our nation and its people. Kaiser is a nonprofit, nonpartisan private operating foundation focusing on U.S. health care issues, as well as the U.S. role in global health policy.
Kaiser Health News (KHN) is an editorially-independent program of the Kaiser Family Foundation. With staff and freelance reporters, columnists, editors, photographers, web producers and videographers, KHN is committed to in-depth reporting on health policy news. KHN provides this coverage on http://www.kaiserhealthnews.org as well as in partnership with other news organizations, including NPR, NBC, The Washington Post, USA Today, McClatchy, and a host of other newspapers. All material is provided free of charge. In addition to publishing in-depth articles on new developments in the health care system and on national and local health care initiatives and debates, KHN also produces the Kaiser Daily Health Policy Reports. For more than a decade, these reports have provided readers with daily updates on how the media are covering U.S. health care policy.
The Web Producer will perform website duties and work on stories with KHN reporters and editors and will also assist in maintaining a database of news organizations interested in using KHN content.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Updating the Kaiser Health News website with new content
• Selecting and producing artwork to illustrate KHN stories
• Writing headlines and blurbs
• Copy editing blog posts
• Promoting KHN content via social media accounts
• Availability to work afternoon or evening hours
• Proficiency with basic HTML syntax
• Experience cropping, resizing and reformatting images in Adobe Photoshop
• Experience with content management systems at a news website or blog
• Demonstrated ability to work closely with a team and on deadline
• Experience with WordPress
• Familiarity with AP style
This is a 5-month term limited position. Hourly pay will be commensurate with experience. The Kaiser Family Foundation offers an excellent benefits package. If this position is of interest to you, please send a resume and cover letter to the email address below. Electronic submissions preferred. No phone inquiries please.
HR – Web Producer, KHN
The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation
2400 Sand Hill Road
Menlo Park, CA 94025
Fax: (650) 854-8037
Equal Opportunity Employer