Survey Analyst, Public Opinion & Survey Research
LOCATION: Menlo Park, CA
STATUS: Full-Time; Exempt
PROGRAM AREA: Public Opinion and Survey Research
The Kaiser Family Foundation, a leader in health policy analysis, health journalism and communication, is dedicated to filling the need for trusted, independent information on the major health issues facing our nation and its people. Kaiser is a nonprofit, nonpartisan private operating foundation focusing on U.S. health care issues, as well as the U.S. role in global health policy.
The Foundation is seeking a qualified candidate for a Survey Analyst position assisting with all aspects of public opinion and survey research projects. The Public Opinion and Survey Research Group plays a central role in the Foundation’s work by undertaking original research on the public’s attitudes, beliefs, and experiences related to health and social policy issues. Working independently, or in partnership with major national media organizations including The Washington Post and NPR, the group examines Americans’ opinions on major health and social policy challenges in order to amplify the public’s voice in national debates. The Survey Analyst will participate in various aspects of this work, including assisting with questionnaire design, performing analysis of survey data, preparing graphics, and assisting in the preparation of written reports. The successful candidate will be able to work under tight deadlines, manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously, and be a team player.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform analysis of public opinion survey data;
• Prepare graphs, tables, and other visual presentations of data for written reports and staff presentations;
• Assist in questionnaire design and preparation of written summary reports;
• Upload and maintain web content;
• Track news coverage related to health policy; and
• Perform background research and literature reviews.
Specific Types of Knowledge, Skill and Experience Required:
• Bachelor’s Degree required; 1-2 years’ experience working in a related field and/or Master’s Degree preferred;
• Must have very strong quantitative skills as well as strong written and verbal communication skills;
• Familiarity with SPSS or other statistical analysis software;
• Experience preparing charts and other graphical representations of data;
• Ability to work independently and efficiently on concurrent projects;
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
• Familiarity with web content publishing software (specifically WordPress) a plus;
• Familiarity with research methods, including survey design and statistical evaluation of data, a plus; and
• Familiarity with, and interest in, key issues in health care, public health, politics, and social policy preferred.
To apply for this position please submit a cover letter and resume as separate attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please label your documents “Last Name_First Name Cover Letter” and “Last Name_First Name Resume”. Please write “Survey Analyst Position” in the email heading. In your cover letter please describe your relevant qualifications and desire to work specifically for the Kaiser Family Foundation’s Public Opinion and Survey Research Group. No phone inquiries please.
The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation
2400 Sand Hill Road
Menlo Park, CA 94025
Equal Opportunity Employer