LOCATION: Menlo Park, CA
PROGRAM AREAS: Health Policy Media & Technology and the Program for the Study of Health Reform and Private Insurance
The Kaiser Family Foundation, a leader in health policy analysis, health journalism and communication, is dedicated to filling the need for trusted, independent information on the major health issues facing our nation and its people. Kaiser is a nonprofit, nonpartisan private operating foundation focusing on U.S. health care issues, as well as the U.S. role in global health policy.
The Foundation is seeking a Research Assistant to support the executive staff managing its work examining changes in private insurance under the Affordable Care Act (ACA), as well as its journalism programs (including Kaiser Health News), online communications, and technology programs.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide research support on projects ranging from private insurance market changes and affordability under the ACA to journalism and media industry trends;
- Assist with project and budget management;
- Create PowerPoint presentations;
- Assist with other programmatic and administrative tasks as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree required – all majors welcome;
- High proficiency in online research, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Preferred:
- Experience with online production tools, particularly WordPress;
- Basic familiarity with statistical concepts and applications;
- Interest in health information and health policy.
This full-time position will be based at the Foundation’s Headquarters in Menlo Park, California. Salary will be commensurate with experience. The Kaiser Family Foundation offers an excellent benefits package.
To apply for this position please submit a cover letter and resume as separate attachments to email@example.com. Please label your documents “Last Name_First Name Cover Letter MMDDYY” and “Last Name_First Name Resume MMDDYY”. Please write “Research Assistant Position” in the email heading. In your cover letter please describe your relevant qualifications and desire to work specifically for the Kaiser Family Foundation’s Health Policy Media & Technology and the Study of Health Reform and Private Insurance programs. Please let us know how you heard about this position as well. No phone inquiries please.
HR- Research Assistant
The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation
2400 Sand Hill Road
Menlo Park, CA 94025
Fax: (650) 854-8037
Equal Opportunity Employer