Operations Analyst/Executive Assistant
LOCATION: Menlo Park, CA
STATUS: Full-Time; Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Chief Investment Officer
The Kaiser Family Foundation is recruiting an Operations Analyst/Executive Assistant to support and work alongside a small investment team responsible for the management of the Foundation’s endowment. This position provides the opportunity to learn a great deal about the investment management industry while also supporting the Kaiser Family Foundation mission. While specific responsibilities are outlined below, the role is designed to be somewhat flexible for the right candidate.
The Operations Analyst/Executive Assistant will work primarily with the Chief Investment Officer and the Investment Staff – a small team responsible for the management of the Foundation’s endowment. The role will include the following duties and responsibilities.
- Monitoring investment activity and performance (e.g., recording investment transactions and performance updates from existing managers).
- Utilizing relationship management and portfolio management software on a day-to-day basis.
- Creating monthly performance reports and other periodic performance summaries.
- Participating in investment team meetings and discussions.
- Assisting with special projects including data entry and reporting as needed.
- Certain other operations-related activities as needed.
Executive Administrative Duties:
- Organizing and maintaining the team calendar and scheduling meetings.
- Answering phone calls for the Chief Investment Officer.
- Managing team files (hard and electronic) and mail.
- Processing invoices and expense reports.
- Coordinating travel for the investment team.
- Processing of certain investment authorization activity.
The Investment Team expects this role to include about 50% operational duties and 25% administrative duties, while the remaining capacity will be based on the candidate’s strengths and interests.
The ideal candidate will have excellent detail-orientation, organization and communication skills. The ability to multitask, manage a diverse work load, and work effectively on a small team of four people is essential. While prior finance or economics experience or education is not required, the ideal candidate will have an interest in and familiarity with basic investment concepts. Interest in the Foundation’s mission and/or learning about endowment management is a plus. Minimum qualifications include a college degree, 0-2 years of full-time work experience and proficient knowledge in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
Compensation is competitive and will be commensurate with work experience and skills
To apply for this position please submit a cover letter and resume as separate attachments in one email. Please label your documents “Last Name_First Name Cover Letter” and “Last Name_First Name Resume”. Please write “Operations Analyst/Executive Assistant Application” in the email subject line. Only applications with both cover letters and resumes will be considered. In your cover letter please describe your relevant qualifications and desire to work specifically for the Kaiser Family Foundation. Qualified candidates will be contacted for a phone screen. No phone inquiries please.
HR – Operations Analyst/Executive Assistant
The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation
2400 Sand Hill Road
Menlo Park, CA 94025
Fax: (650) 854-8037
Equal Opportunity Employer