Location: Washington, DC
Status: Full-Time; Non-Exempt
Reports To: DC Office Administrator
The Kaiser Family Foundation, a leader in health policy analysis, health journalism and communication, is dedicated to filling the need for trusted, independent information on the major health issues facing our nation and its people. The Kaiser Family Foundation is a nonprofit, nonpartisan private operating foundation focusing on U.S. health care issues, as well as the U.S. role in global health policy.
The Foundation is seeking an Office Assistant to support the Foundation’s Washington, DC office staff and building operations. Reporting to the Office Administrator, this clerical and support position will have a diverse scope of responsibilities, primarily assisting the Office Administrator with general administrative support and organizational needs throughout the building.
This full-time position will be based in the Foundation’s Washington, DC office. Salary will be commensurate with experience. The Kaiser Family Foundation offers an excellent benefits package
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support for conference center scheduling and events, including coordinating catering for staff;
- Provide overall clerical and administrative support for office and facility staff;
- Prepare invoices for payment and keep accurate records of payables received and processed;
- Maintain the Foundation’s copy room, including sorting incoming mail and deliveries; transporting packages to and from the first floor lobby area to the office work room; notifying staff of deliveries; maintaining a delivery log; and tracking deliveries made to the building;
- Assist IT with telephone and computer setup, and troubleshooting;
- Manage supply inventories, and order and stock supplies, as needed;
- Provide office upkeep including kitchens, satellite storage areas, pantries and fitness center;
- Assist in the set up and cleanup of beverage and meal services, and meetings taking place in the Foundation’s office conference rooms, conference center and boardroom suite;
- Serve as back up for the Washington, DC and Menlo Park, California receptionists;
- Assist facility staff with conference center setup and breakdown for conference center and office events, as needed;
- Assist in last minute troubleshooting for office management and event needs, including running errands, delivering supplies/packages, and moving equipment and furnishings; and
- Assist with special projects for Foundation staff, as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Required:
- Prior administrative experience (2-3 years).
- Self-starter with the ability to work under scheduling pressures.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player.
- Ability to organize an assorted workload and set priorities.
- Willingness and ability to work proactively to keep the Foundation offices and conference center functioning smoothly.
- Attention to detail essential.
- Ability to use good judgment when handling requests and problems.
- Ability to work with a broad range of staff and conference center client personalities in a friendly, helpful and proactive manner.
- Ability to multi-task and work quickly and efficiently under scheduling pressures and deadlines.
- High school diploma with some undergraduate studies preferred.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Good computer skills, including Windows, Microsoft Word, and Outlook calendars, and the Internet.
- Willingness to work flexible hours occasionally when conferences, receptions and meetings in the conference center take place early morning on weekday nights and weekends.
- May occasionally require heavy lifting.
To apply for this position please submit a cover letter and resume as separate attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please label your documents “Last Name_First Name Cover Letter MMDDYY” and “Last Name_First Name Resume MMDDYY”. Please write “DC Office Assistant Position” in the email heading. In your cover letter please describe your relevant qualifications and desire to work specifically for the Kaiser Family Foundation. Please let us know how you heard about this position as well. No phone inquiries please.
HR – DC Office Assistant
The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation
2400 Sand Hill Road
Menlo Park, CA 94025
FAX (650) 854-8037
Equal Opportunity Employer