Multimedia Design Internship
Location: Washington, DC
Hours: Full time or Part time
Term: Spring – Summer 2017
Reports to: Senior Multimedia Producer
The Kaiser Family Foundation, a non-profit organization, is a leader in health policy analysis, polling and survey research, health journalism and communication, dedicated to filling the need for trusted information on national health issues. The Foundation serves as a non-partisan source of facts, information, and analysis for policymakers, the media, the health care community, and the public.
The Foundation (including Kaiser Health News) is seeking an intern for its Multimedia functions with the Communications department. This internship provides an opportunity to help define and design a suite of digital assets for video and print media to be used in animated videos, documentary videos, animated infographics, poster infographics and website graphics. Working closely with the Senior Multimedia Producer, the intern will help develop a cohesive overall visual look for the Foundation’s current and future projects.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Excellent illustration skills, including the effective use of color, lighting and composition to support motion graphics;
- Ability to communicate visually, storyboard ideas and illustrate graphical elements;
- Ability to identify and define a cohesive visual identity for each specific project;
- Proficiency with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop;
- Experience in motion graphics and video editing programs (After Effects or Premiere), a plus;
- Excellent communication skills; and
- At least one prior related internship or job.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position please submit a cover letter including links to an online portfolio or previous experience, resume, and references as separate attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please label your documents “Last Name_First Name_Document Title”. Please write “Multimedia Design Internship” in the email heading. No phone inquiries please.