Information Technology Internship
Location: Menlo Park, CA
Hours: Full-time or Part-time
Term: One year
Reports to: Senior Technology Officer
The Kaiser Family Foundation is a non-profit organization focusing on health issues facing the nation and its people, and is a widely respected leader in national health policy and health communications. The Foundation is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA and operates substantial facilities in Washington, D.C., including the state-of-the-art Barbara Jordan Conference Center.
The Foundation is seeking an intern for its Technology Working Group (TWG). TWG provides Help Desk and technical support to the Foundation’s various departments. The TWG Intern will be involved in providing general support of all technology issues, including the deployment of hardware and software resources, assisting staff with various IT needs and possible system and network administration project work.
This internship provides an opportunity to work on a wide variety of technologies including laptops, desktops, printers, mobile devices, A/V and network/server equipment. The TWG intern will gain practical work experience troubleshooting and resolving computer issues, expand their knowledge of a range of software programs, and deepen their understanding of how network environments work.
Minimum Required Expertise and Qualifications:
- High interest and familiarity with computers and technology;
- Setup, diagnose, and repair computer and network related issues;
- Proficiency with Microsoft, Apple and Adobe products as well as current modern web browsers;
- Some familiarity with basic networking (e.g., TCP/IP, DNS);
- Ability to lift 50 lbs;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; and
- Excellent team player and contributor.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with mobile devices (e.g., Apple, Android, Tablets, etc.);
- Experience with cloud based services, iDrive, OneDrive, AWS, etc.;
- Experience with Cisco Networking and Cisco Unity telephony; and
- Experience with Windows Server 2008R2-2012R2 Hyper-V, Exchange 2010, and Active Directory.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org labeling your documents “Last Name_First Name_Document Title.” Please write “Information Technology Internship” in the email heading. No phone inquiries, please. Equal Opportunity Employer.