Talking with Kids (and Parents) A New Public Information Partnership with Nickelodeon
Talking with Kids About Tough Issues has teamed up with Nickelodeon in a national initiative launching March 8th, 2001 to support parent-child communication about “tough issues”-sex, violence, drugs and respect. The partnership will kick off with the release of data from a new survey of kids age 8-15 and their parents.
Talking with Kids and Nickelodeon have developed new multimedia resources to help parents and kids talk together about issues like puberty and sex, violence, alcohol and drugs, and respect. At everythingnick.com, parents can get age-appropriate guidance and tips for raising topics with their kids. At nick.com/your_world, kids can take a “Talk Challenge” and share experiences. Parents can also call 1 800 CHILD 44 to receive a free guide developed exclusively for the partnership by parenting expert and best-selling author Dominic Cappello. Parents and kids can find out about these resources through public service advertisements (PSAs) airing on Nickelodeon and other Viacom properties, including VH-1, TNN, CMT, Nick at Nite, and Noggin.
Talking with Kids and Nickelodeon's new parents' website
Talking with Kids and Nickelodeon's new kids' website
Talking with Kids About Tough Issues campaign website
- News Release: Bullying, Discrimination and Sexual Pressures “Big Problems” for Today's Tweens and Younger Kids; Parents Often Wait for Their Kids to Raise Tough Issues
- Summary of Findings
- Toplines/Survey: National Survey of Parents and Kids: Talking With Kids about Tough Issues
- Chart Pack
- Parent PSA: Birds and Bees – (:30)
- Parent PSA: Growing Up Fast – (:30)
- Kids PSA: Victoria – Sex and Puberty – (:60)
- Kids PSA: Monique – Sex and Puberty – (:60)
- Kids PSA: Jimmy – Teasing – (:60)
- Kids PSA: Masha – Discrimination – (:60)