The Right Care at the Right Time: Are Retail Clinics Meeting a Need?
The Alliance for Health Reform and WellPoint, Inc. discuss the role of urgent care centers and retail clinics emerging within the health care system.
Panelists will explore such questions as: Can savings and improved access to care be produced through alternative care settings? Will these settings reduce emergency room use for primary care? Do they have the potential to ease the shortage of primary care providers? Who is monitoring the quality of care being delivered at these centers? What about continuity of care and care management?
For more information, please visit the Alliance’s event page.
Speakers for this session:
The panel is co-moderated by Ed Howard of the Alliance and Samuel Nussbaum of Wellpoint.
- Tine Hansen-Turton, Convenient Care Association
- Ateev Mehrotra, M.D., RAND Health
- Rick Kellerman, M.D., former president of the American Academy of Family Physicians
also of interest
- Federal and State Standards for "Essential Community Providers" under the ACA and Implications for Women's Health
- Abortion Coverage in Marketplace Plans, 2015
- Coverage for Abortion Services and the ACA
- What is Medicaid's Impact on Access to Care, Health Outcomes, and Quality of Care? Setting the Record Straight on the Evidence