Rural Health: Laying the Foundation for Health Reform
The Alliance for Health Reform and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation co-sponsored this briefing to have a panel of experts answer questions about how some aspects of pending health reform proposals may have a substantial impact on rural care.
What provisions in the various reform proposals affect rural health care? What particular challenges need to be overcome in order to improve care delivery in rural areas? What aspects of health reform will require special accommodation in rural areas? Are delivery systems in rural areas currently able to handle the influx of new patients coverage expansion would bring? How does HIT factor into rural reform?
For more information, please visit the Alliance’s event page.
Speakers for this session:
The panel is moderated by Ed Howard of the Alliance For Health Care Reform.
- Brian Quinn
- Keith Meuller, University of Nebraska Center for Rural Health Policy Analysis
- Neal Neuberger, HIMSS Foundation’s Institute for e-Health Policy
- Dr. Tom Irons, East Carolina University Brody School of Medicine
Q & A
Oct 30, 2009
also of interest
- Health Affairs Blog: The ACA And People With HIV: The ACA’s Impact And The Implications Of State Choices
- Obamacare and You: If You Are Uninsured...
- Obamacare and You: If You Buy Coverage in the Individual Market
- What is Medicaid's Impact on Access to Care, Health Outcomes, and Quality of Care? Setting the Record Straight on the Evidence