Medicaid Managed Long-Term Services and Supports: Are More Caution and Oversight Needed?
The Alliance for Health Reform and AARP sponsor an August 3rd briefing to discuss who is being served by Medicaid managed care, how enrollment is determined, and whether sufficient oversight of the programs exist. Speakers will explore such questions as: Does Medicaid managed care cover a full range of long-term services and supports, including home- and community-based services? Is Medicaid managed care as a strategy part of state plans for 2014, and the challenges and opportunities presented under the Affordable Care Act?
For more information, please visit the Alliance’s event page.
Speakers for this session:
Ed Howard of the Alliance and Susan Reinhard of AARP co-moderate this discussion.
- James Toews, Administration for Community Living, HHS
- Lynda Flowers, AARP Public Policy Institute
- Patti Killingsworth, TennCare
- Debra Lipson, Mathematica Policy Research
also of interest
- Financial and Administrative Alignment Demonstrations for Dual Eligible Beneficiaries Compared: States with Memoranda of Understanding Approved by CMS
- One Year into Duals Demo Enrollment: Early Expectations Meet Reality
- Financial Alignment Demonstrations for Dual Eligible Beneficiaries: A Look at CMS’s Evaluation Plan
- The Affordable Care Act's Impact on Medicaid Eligibility, Enrollment, and Benefits for People with Disabilities