Keeping Coverage Continuous: Smoothing the Path between Medicaid and the Exchange
A key challenge for those implementing the reform law is how to manage churning, when people cycle in and out of public programs as their income varies. What approaches are states and the federal government taking to minimize the disruption from churning? Will people be able to keep their provider as they move from Medicaid to private coverage and back? This briefing, sponsored by the Alliance for Health Reform and The Commonwealth, addressed these and related questions.
Speakers for this session:
The panel is moderated by Ed Howard of the Alliance for Health Reform and Sara Collins of The Commonwealth Fund.
- Don Gregory, director of the Louisiana Medicaid program
- Deborah Bachrach, former New York Medicaid director now with Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Pamela Short, Pennsylvania State University
also of interest
- The Pennsylvania Health Care Landscape
- Federal and State Standards for "Essential Community Providers" under the ACA and Implications for Women's Health
- The Uninsured: A Primer - Key Facts About Health Insurance and the Uninsured in America
- The Affordable Care Act and Insurance Coverage in Rural Areas