Innovations in Primary Care: What’s in the ACA?
The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act aims to move the health care system away from an episodic, fee-for-service approach and towards a coordinated, preventive model of care delivery. Exactly how does the law encourage innovations in primary care? What roles will states and purchasers of care play in this transformation? This December 13 briefing, cosponsored the Alliance for Health Reform and The Commonwealth Fund, explored this and related questions.
For more information, please visit Alliance’s event page.
Speakers for this session:
The panel is co-moderated by Ed Howard of the Alliance for Health Reform and Melinda Abrams of The Commonwealth Fund.
Ed Howard – Welcome
Melinda Abrams – The Commonwealth Fund
- Kevin Grumbach, University of California, San Francisco
- Paul Grundy, IBM
- Craig Jones, Vermont Blueprint for Health
- Jeffrey Schiff, Minnesota Department of Human Services
also of interest
- Medicaid Health Homes: A Profile of Newer Programs
- Leveraging Medicaid in a Multi-Payer Medical Home Program: Spotlight on Rhode Island's Chronic Care Sustainability Initiative
- Managing Care Transitions in Medicaid: Spotlight on Community Care of North Carolina
- Data Analytics in Medicaid: Spotlight on Colorado's Accountable Care Collaborative