A Dose of Reality in the Virtual World of Health IT
The Alliance for Health Reform hosted a September 28 briefing to discuss electronic health records (EHRs), and the progress of the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act. Speakers explored such questions as: How does health information technology fit in the strategy for health care delivery transformation? What role are EHRs playing in care coordination, accountable care organizations and other innovations? What are the special challenges facing solo and small physician practices?
For more information, please visit the Alliance’s event page.
Speakers for this session:
Deanne Orkent of the Alliance and Anne Marie Audet of Commonwealth co-moderate.
- Farzad Mostashari, HHS’s National Coordinator of Health IT
- Craig Samitt, Dean Health System, WI
- Andrew Racine, M.D., Montefiore Medical Center, NY
- Christine Sinsky, M.D., Medical Associates Clinic and Health Plans, IA
also of interest
- Medicaid Health Homes: A Profile of Newer Programs
- Leveraging Medicaid in a Multi-Payer Medical Home Program: Spotlight on Rhode Island's Chronic Care Sustainability Initiative
- Managing Care Transitions in Medicaid: Spotlight on Community Care of North Carolina
- Data Analytics in Medicaid: Spotlight on Colorado's Accountable Care Collaborative