Oral Health: Putting Teeth into the Health Care System
The Alliance for Health Reform and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation sponsored an August 17 briefing to discuss oral health coverage under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA). While PPACA ensures dental coverage for children, challenges remain to improve dental health access and coverage for adults.
Speakers will explore such questions as: With 15 percent of the U.S. population living in dental “Health Professional Shortage Areas,” how can dental workforce shortages be addressed? How can collaborations between dentists and primary care physicians strengthen oral health care in the U.S.? What provisions under PPACA will impact oral health care?
For more information, please visit the Alliance’s event page.
Speakers for this session:
Ed Howard of the Alliance and David Krol of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation will co-moderate.
- Lynn Mouden, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Monica Hebl, American Dental Association
- Julie Stitzel, Pew Center on the States
- Christy Fogarty, Children’s Dental Services, Minnesota
also of interest
- Medicare Spending Cuts and Hospital Productivity Gains
- What is Medicaid's Impact on Access to Care, Health Outcomes, and Quality of Care? Setting the Record Straight on the Evidence
- Visualizing Health Policy: Health Coverage Under the Affordable Care Act (ACA)
- A Historical Review of How States Have Responded to the Availability of Federal Funds for Health Coverage