Health Care Costs: The Role of Technology and Chronic Conditions
The Alliance for Health Reform and co-sponsors presented the second event in a three-part series of discussions on costs, the factors driving them up, and what (if anything) can be done about them. This briefing takes an in-depth look at two of the most often cited cost drivers – technology and chronic conditions. For more information, please visit the Alliance’s event page.
The panel is moderated by Susan Dentzer of Health Affairs.
- Joe Antos, American Enterprise Institute
- Kenneth Thorpe, Emory University
- Melanie Bella, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Bruce Chernof, The SCAN Foundation
- James Fasules, American College of Cardiology
- Joe Newhouse, Harvard University
- Susan Reinhard, AARP
- Diane Rowland, Kaiser Family Foundation
also of interest
- Medicaid Health Homes: A Profile of Newer Programs
- Leveraging Medicaid in a Multi-Payer Medical Home Program: Spotlight on Rhode Island's Chronic Care Sustainability Initiative
- Managing Care Transitions in Medicaid: Spotlight on Community Care of North Carolina
- Data Analytics in Medicaid: Spotlight on Colorado's Accountable Care Collaborative